Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Day...

So I like to read what other people have to say about things.  It is liking having a conversation with someone.  I also like to write from time to time about different things.  A number of different things have brought me to the place that I thought I should start a blog of my own. So here goes!
Today is an exciting day for our family my oldest daughter Danae Moran, is graduating from college with her bachelors degree in Social Work.  She has worked hard for the last few years and I am proud of her diligence and perseverance.  As proud I am of her and this accomplishment- I am much prouder of her wisdom and heart for the things of God. That will enable her to use this tool in ways that serves others.  She has a short term full time job at Catholic Charities working in their adoption program as one of their staff has an educational leave for 3 months.  She just finished her internship there a few days ago.   She passed her Social Work test so upon her graduation will be a LSW in North Dakota.
 I don't think that everyone should go to college, even though our society has set itself up in such a way that it does open doors for you if you do.  I know that a college degree doesn't guarantee that you are intelligent or wise- I know folks who have college degrees that are not.  I also know folks who are very wise due to the fact that they are self taught, have a hunger for knowledge and realize that it is all a gift from God.  The scriptures say that the "fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".   The fear of the Lord is about humility.  Realizing that all we are and have is a gift from God and we are the stewards of those gifts.  The fear of the Lord also means that we realize that we answer to God for our life. This should cause us to stop and reflect.  It should also drive us to the Lord for grace and mercy as we realize that we fall short of His standards.  I am so glad that the Lord has provided a Redeemer for me. I am reminded of the words "today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you" (Luke 2:11)  .  A Savior.  A savior is for people that need saving.  I need to be saved. Today.  Danae needs saving. No matter how many letters we have in front of, or behind our names.  I am so grateful that she knows that. I am amazed that I know that. I know that sometime today I will forget that and act like I don't need saving and everyone else does.  Pride is never killed- just asleep for awhile. So glad the Savior will come to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment